Simulcast classes provide you with options to broadcast your live lecture from one classroom to other classrooms on the same or different campuses as well as allowing students to join from their personal devices wherever they may be located.Consider the simulcast experience when you need to:
Get StartedRequest a simulcast consultation
- Increase seat capacity in a class
- Make a class available at more than one campus but have staffing limitations
- Offer flexible attendance options for students
Simulcast Your Lecture
There are many ways to broadcast a class using simulcast technologies. All of them use a physical classroom as a host site to stream live to students in other locations. Here are some common ways simulcast technology can be used:
Instructional Support Staff
Remote sites and remote connections require the presence of a staff member or graduate teaching assistant that can:
- Unlock the physical locations
- Ensure that the technology starts up correctly
- Assist the instructor with classroom management
- Ensure that student questions are addressed
- Ensure that students are focused on the instructor
- Proctor/assist with learning activities as directed by the instructor
- Assist instructor and students with technology, such as iCollege, document cameras, videos, etc.
- Coordinate technology support responses to technology issues
The host site can also benefit from having an instructional support staff member present to assist the instructor. CETLOE provides training for instructional support staff.
Support for Simulcast
CETLOE provides consultation and support services for simulcast classrooms, and hosts workshops to prepare faculty and instructional support staff for the simulcast experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know that you are teaching a simulcast course and need to get setup?
Urban Life 100
Urban Life 170
Classroom South 150
Classroom South 230
Classroom South 226
Library South 102
55 Park Place 1106
55 Park Place 1108
Langdale 1076 – Political Science Private Scheduling
Urban Life 302 – English Priority Scheduling
Classroom South 400 – Computer Science Private Scheduling
Clarkston: CB2300, CB2301, CB2305, CN2240
Dunwoody: NE0230, NE0300, NE0320
Most simulcast-enabled classrooms are scheduled through the college schedulers. Additional locations are available for small pilots.