Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Assistance
Services for individual faculty engaged in research on teaching and learning include:
- Manuscript review
- Advice on journals for submission
- Travel grants for conference presentations
- Advice on how to conduct Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Research
- Opportunities for fellowships, grants, and awards
- Resources for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning http://gsusotl.wordpress.com/sotl-resources/
For more information or to set up an appointment, contact Laura Carruth or Mike Metzler.
Associate Director, Scholarship of Teaching & Learning
Marni Davis (Department of History) and Jill Anderson (University Library) published an article in The History Teacher describing a footnote exercise they developed together.
Read: “Follow the Footnote” >
Explore SoTL through CETL’s – RECURSIVE: SOTL IN PROGRESS – Online Journal
Recursive: SoTL in Progress is an electronic journal and blog devoted to publishing the work of faculty engaged with the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) at Georgia State.
- Teaching as Performance by Owen Cantrell - September 27, 2019
Teaching as Performance [Reflective Teaching] By Owen Cantrell (firstname.lastname@example.org) Several years ago, I accompanied John Frazier—an acting professor from the downtown GSU campus—to Phillips State Prison. John was working with the men in the Comm [...]
- Elevating Preparation and Maintaining Engagement in the Introduction to Psychology Course by Marlena Middlebrook Salters - September 17, 2019
Elevating Preparation and Maintaining Engagement in the Introduction to General Psychology Course Marlena Middlebrook Salters I recently started assigning in-class assignments each time a new chapter in the Introduction to General Psychology Course i [...]
- On Voicelessness and Hunger at #RealCollege - August 2, 2019
by Dr. Rebecca Weaver (email@example.com) I’m a talker. I’ve always relied on my strong and pliant voice to engage the world and to assist me for the twenty years I’ve been teaching. I teach composition at a community college and my multi-faceted [...]