iCollege Digital Learning Environment & Teaching Tools
WebEx to Replace Blackboard Collaborate in May 2018
WebEx is replacing Blackboard Collaborate as the campus real-time virtual environment for course video and audio conferencing. Blackboard will be decommissioned on Friday, May 4.
Instructors and students will not have access to Blackboard Collaborate, including any recorded sessions, after it is decommissioned. Instructors with Blackboard Collaborate recordings should archive any recordings they wish to save by Thursday, May 3.
Innovative instructors have access to a wide variety of tools to support their teaching. Contact instructional support at CETL [email protected]
to discuss how to use these tools to achieve your pedagogical aims.
Create iCollege-Integrated Course Assignments and Materials with:
Create Integrated Course Assignments & Materials With:
– Online meeting platform that allows you to connect with colleagues and meet with students, from anywhere – on or off campus.
– A secure, campus hosting service to upload and share media across platforms, and that integrate with iCollege. Includes computer-generated captioning.
– Turn your course videos, or one of PlayPosit’s educational videos, into an interactive quiz and easily share it with students and colleagues.
– A unique Q&A platform that is part wiki and part discussion forum. As questions are asked, students collaborate to create a single best answer.
– An online meeting space, perfect for holding synchronous online classes and hosting online office hours.
– A digital discussion tool more personable and engaging than a traditional threaded discussion.
Films on Demand
– A collection of 7,000 video titles in Humanities & Social Sciences, Business & Economics, Health, and Science.
– TurnItIn automatically detects plagiarized text from assignments. It also includes GradeMark, an easy to use and versatile online grading tool.
– Human and computer generated captioning via Kaltura and a partnership with Cielo24.
– Readspeaker is a text-reader tool enabled in each iCollege course at Georgia State. The tool reads out HTML-created text in the course’s content and modules.
– Portfolium is an academic portfolio network that gives students and alumni the power to demonstrate his or her skills and education through an online resume.
Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor
– Respondus LockDown browser creates a secure and controlled testing environment by limiting the actions students can preform while taking a quiz. LockDown Browser records a student’s test session using the computer’s webcam.
Respondus Quiz Importer
– Respondus helps to quickly create and upload quizzes by converting formatted Word documents with test questions into iCollege compatible files.
Binder and Grader Mobile Device Apps
– Binder allows users to access documents from their iCollege account and view them on their mobile device. Grader allows instructors to download student assignments and grade them on the go, even when not connected to the Internet.
EBSCO Curriculum Builder
– Connect with University Library resources to assign books from the library’s vast collection.
– Provides a live proctored experience in a secure, online environment giving students an alternative to on-campus, proctored testing.
Available to Perimeter College
– iCollege integrated module instructors in partnership with Smarthinking.
– Stream captures of your lectures incorporating both audio and video.
– For PCs only, Maple T.A. is integrated into iCollege for all Perimeter College Mathematics courses.
Available at Atlanta Campus
Panopto Lecture Capture
– A video capture software that allows you to record video and PowerPoints during a lecture.
More Technologies for Teaching
– A research tool that allows you to easily create dynamic surveys and analyze results.
– Top-notch software, programming, education, and business processes online training videos, complete with exercise files.
– A WordPress-based blogging and site platform, perfect for student blogging projects, portfolios, professional websites, organizational websites, and more.
– Online grammar tool that students can use to review their work prior to submission.