An Evening of Technology
All new and returning faculty are invited to join the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning for An Evening of Technology.
This event will provide technology expertise and creative solutions that will help you deliver a robust teaching and learning experience for GSU students. Get an up close and personal look at innovation solutions, multimedia resources, grading tools and learn about resources that you can integrate into your teaching.
The evening of technology will equip you with the resources to effectively use technology in your teaching. Faculty will spend the evening:
- Gaining knowledge on available technology solutions and
- Exploring technological resources and gain invaluable knowledge to take back to their courses
An Evening of Technology
Thursday, Jan. 9, 2020
4:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Georgia State University
Perimeter College Clarkston Campus
555 North Indian Creek Drive
Clarkston, GA 30021
Registration is closed. You can join the virtual sessions beginning at 5:40 p.m.
Virtual Attendance Option AvailableJoin the virtual sessions at 5:40 p.m.
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – General Session- Learning Technology Updates
4:30 p.m. – 4:40 p.m.|| What is iCollege?
- List of integrated features
4:40 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.|| Recap of new features and functionality available now
- WebEx Teams
5:00 p.m. – 5:20 p.m.|| What’s coming in the next six months
- Learning Object Repository
5:20 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.|| Q & A
5:40 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. – Concurrent Sessions
Session One || 5:40 p.m. -6:40 p.m.
- LinkedIn Learning: Locating Resources for Students|| Room CA 1500
- Digital Whiteboard Tools: Ink2Go and OneNote || Room CB 2304
- iCollege: VoiceThread || Room CB 2305
- iCollege: ReadSpeaker Accessibility Features || Room CC 1140
- iCollege: Using the WebEx Collaboration Tools || Room CC 1160
- iCollege: Where to Look for Data || Room CC 1200
- iCollege: Basics || Room CE 1100
- iCollege: Creating a Multiple-Choice Quiz || CE 1180
- iCollege: Creating Online Assignments || CE 1190
- iCollege: Tools and Features for Teaching Languages || CH 2160
- Student Technologies || Room CA 1500
- Creating a Website with sites.gsu.edu || Room CB 2304
- iCollege: StudyMate Interactive Activities || Room CB 2305
- iCollege: Creating Accessible Content Tips & Tricks|| Room CC 1140
- iCollege: Creating, Hosting, and Managing Media in Kaltura || Room CC 1160
- iCollege: Using Intelligent Agents || Room CC 1200
- iCollege: Organizing Content into Modules || Room CE 1100
- iCollege: Securing Exams || Room CE 1180
- iCollege: Using Turnitin’s Plagiarism Detection and GradeMark || Room CE 1190
- iCollege: Kaltura – Incorporating Video Assignments || Room CH 2160
- Qualtrics: Survey Creation|| Room CB 2304
- Creating Accessible Word, PPT, and PDF Files || Room CB 2305
- iCollege: Ally Accessibility Feature Preview || Room CC 1140
- Recording Lectures using Kaltura || Room CC 1160
- iCollege: Selectively Releasing Content || Room CC 1200
- iCollege: Points-based Gradebook || Room CE 1100
- iCollege: Weighted Gradebook || Room CE 1180
- iCollege: Using Turnitin’s PeerMark || Room CE 1190
- iCollege: Emergency Room || Room CH 2160
We are offering a virtual attendance option. This is a great alternative for those who are unable to travel to the Clarkston campus. Participants will be able to log in from their home, office or wherever they are and join available sessions.
Join the virtual sessions at 5:40 p.m. >