Echo 360 Lecture Capture
The Echo 360 lecture capture system at Perimeter College will be decommissioned in May 2017 and replaced by Kaltura’s CaptureSpace.
Kaltura’s CaptureSpace is fully integrated into iCollege and is ready to use today.
Faculty have the option to provide students with streaming captures of their lectures incorporating both audio and video, powered by Echo 360. Recorded media can be accessed by students through iCollege and can be edited before making available for publishing. Lectures can also be viewed on mobile platforms including iOS and Android.
Lectures captured in these classrooms will include audio, the display from the classroom computer (not an externally connected laptop), and the document camera:
Get Started with Echo 360 Lecture Capture
- Request that your lectures be captured on a regular schedule i.e. T-TH or M-W using the Classroom Capture Request.
- Nursing courses that do not meet on a regular schedule should use the Special Classroom Capture Request
- Arrive in your classroom setup your materials. Lecture Capture recording will start and stop automatically per your Classroom Capture Request[need link].
- After your lecture, review and edit your recordings, and then make them available to your students via the GPC Rewind site.
- Direct your students to your iCollege course to view the recordings.