Human Captioning in Kaltura
This document shows how to request human generated captions for videos you have uploaded in Kaltura. Human captioning requires approval and is available by request on a limited basis.
- Tag requests must be submitted to the IIT Technology Service Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Captions may take up to 24 hours to process, so they are not immediately available for editing.
How to add human captioning in Kaltura
- Log in to iCollege or Mediaspace.gsu.edu.
- If you logged into the Mediaspace website, skip to step 5. If you logged into iCollege, enter the course you wish to upload a video to, or that contains an existing Kaltura video for which you would like to add captioning.
- From the Course Navigation bar, click Content and Media.
- In, the drop-down menu, click Kaltura My Media.
- Locate the Video for which you will be Adding captions, and click on the Video Title Link.
- Select the Actions drop-down menu button located towards the bottom of the page and then click Edit.
- This brings you to Details tab, where you may enter the tags you have received into the “Tags” box. Tag requests must be submitted to email@example.com.
- After you have entered the correct Tags, click the ENTER key on the keyboard.
- Click Save to submit your Captioning request for processing.
- Click the Go To Media button.
- From this screen, you may return to the Actions drop-down menu to select the option to View Caption Requests.
- When the Human Captioning process is complete, return to the Actions drop-down menu and select Edit Captions.
- When the captioning status for your video says complete, click Complete.
- Clicking COMPLETE brings you to the Edit Captions Screen where you will be able to tweak your text captioning prior to Approving your captions for final distribution.
NOTE: Once captions have been approved, you will no longer have the ability to edit the text.
- When you are finished, click Approve.
If you have questions, or need technical assistance, contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-HELP (4357).